Controllable Mechanical Diode (CMD)
Depending on your system needs and specifications, our Controllable Mechanical Diode (CMD) One-Way Clutch is easily configured into numerous modal combinations to reduce spin loss and decrease packaging space.
- Reduces spin loss for improved fuel economy
- Decreased packaging space
- Mass reduction
- System cost savings
- Can use aluminum for torque-transfer components
- Component integration
- Can use aluminum to save costs, weight, and inertia
- Provides low spin loss (drag torque)
- Requires little oil
- Offers an integrated backing plate function as well as center hub function
- Provides torque dense design
Common CMD Applications
Means multi-speed shifting propulsion systems integrate with our CMD, DCC, and MD technologies – delivering seamless shifting solutions for traditional, hybrid and BEV gear boxes.
Park Lock Hill Hold Systems
Means technology can be integrated directly into the system—delivering not only park lock but also hill hold and shifting solutions for traditional, hybrid and BEV architectures.
Means technology integrates directly into the drive system—delivering seamless shifting solutions for traditional, hybrid and BEV gear boxes.